Active Assailant: Products
Carrier: Aspen, reinsured by Lloyd’s of London
Policy: Offered on a surplus lines basis
Policy Limits Capacity: $25,000,000
- Active Assailant Incident – a premeditated malicious physical attack by an Active Assailant with a weapon
- (pre-meditated simply means intentional)
- Weapon – includes any firearm, explosive device, hand-held instrument, vehicle or any corrosive material or substance
- Threat Incident – any specific threat to inflict bodily harm or damage/destroy your property
Who Is An Insured: Definition of an insured includes employees, customers, students, contractors or guests of the insured
Legal Liability: Indemnification for Damages and Claims Expenses for which the Insured becomes legally obligated to pay. Claims expenses are within the policy limits. Liability coverage is on a claims-made basis.
Physical Damage: direct physical loss, damage or destruction of Insured Property
Business Interruption: 18-month indemnity period
- Denial of Access – If an incident occurs within a mile radius of your location(s) and it prevents you from using these locations, our policy will respond
- Medical Expenses – Expenses for any Insured Person physically present during the Incident
- Brand Rehabilitation – public relations expenses to restore public confidence in the Insured.
- Child Care – Costs incurred by an Insured person within 14 days of an Incident
- Emergency Travel & Accommodations – Costs incurred by an Insured Person or their immediate family
- Emergency Security Arrangements – Costs to secure the covered location and provide increased security.
- Forensic Clean-Up – Costs to clean-up human remains
- Funeral Expenses – Burial and cremation costs
- Psychiatric Care – Expenses for any Insured Person physically present during the Incident. Coverage applies for 180 days after Incident
- Repatriation – Costs to repatriate the body of an Insured Person as the result of an Incident
- Temporary Premises – Costs to lease/rent premises used in place of real property damaged in an Incident
- Temporary Staff Costs – Recruitment costs to replace employees physically present during an Incident and unable to continue working
Response Fees: 24/7 security response from GardaWorld
EXTENSIONS OF COVERAGE EXCLUSIVE TO MCKEE:
Child Abduction: $10,000 of coverage for Incident Response Consultant Fees to advise and manage the release of an Insured Person held without consent from their legal guardian for a period in excess of 6 hours
Off-site: Most products only provide coverage at a Covered Location. For certain classes, the McKee Aspen product has a special extension to provide coverage at any location.