risk control services
The McKee Risk Management Risk Control Services operation has been managed by Dan Niewoehner since 2000. Dan is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) with over 28 years of insurance company experience, which includes employment by The PMA Group, Zurich, and Reliance Insurance Companies. During this time span, Dan has completed extensive professional development training, including training that qualifies him as an industrial hygiene technician by the AIHA as well as specific training and education within the Commercial Construction industry segment. Dan is also the former President of the Philadelphia Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) and very active within the Mid-Atlantic Construction Safety Council.
Alex Smith, the McKee Risk Management Senior Risk Control Consultant, has 10 years of insurance company experience, including employment by Harleysville Insurance where he spent time in both loss control and underwriting. Since then, he has completed his Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designation. Alex specializes in risk management of Public Entities, Education, Child Care, Social Services and Mergers & Acquisitions.
The McKee Risk Control Services operation is supported by a national network of highly experienced and independent Risk Control Consultants. However, Dan and/or Alex will get directly involved with providing on-site risk control service to McKee Risk’s Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware clients, as well as national clients on a limited basis.
Continuing Service Opportunities
Formal risk control service plans are developed at the time of the initial meeting with our clients and agents/brokers. These service plans are typically loss source and loss prevention focused and may include the following elements:
- The comprehensive review of the existing written employee, general public, and fleet safety programs.
- The completion of periodic loss prevention and OSHA compliance focused site assessments.
- The review of new construction projects’ safety specifications and “pre-job safety plans”.
- The review of automatic sprinkler system specifications for new and existing buildings.
- Active participation in Safety Committee meetings and/or other corporate level risk management meetings.
- Conducting training seminars specific to relevant safety and/or fleet safety issues.
- Providing the client with safety resource materials including free access to Coastal Video Resources which possesses over 1500 video, DVD, and CD-rom training programs.
The overall objective of McKee Risk Control Services is to support and enhance the insureds existing safety and loss prevention initiatives by meeting and ultimately exceeding their servicing expectations. Accordingly, we look forward to the opportunity of developing a formalized servicing plan jointly with the client that meets this objective.
Dan Niewoehner, CSP
Director, Risk Control Services
Alex Smith, ARM
Sr. Risk Control Consultant